On this page you will find information on ferry rates, how to get to the ferry dock in Fajardo, contact information, ferry schedule and frequently asked questions about the ferry service. Please note that all schedules are subject to change, please call to confirm schedule.
Authority of Marine Transport / Autoridad de Trasporte Maritimo
- Contact Numbers: 787-863-0705 / 787-863-0852 / 787-863-4560 / Toll Free: 800-981-2005
– Vieques Office is located at the ferry dock in the town of Isabel Segunda.
Here is their official website, but there’s not much info there: Puerto Rico Port Authority
NOTE: We do our best to provide you up-to-date information, however please call Puerto Rican Port Authority Office in order to confirm the times, since schedules are always subject to changes, but good luck getting through the phone.
Passenger Ferry Information & Schedule
Taking the ferry to Vieques is the most cost-effective way to get to Vieques.
Forms of Payment accepted:
- Master Card, Visa, Cash
Fees for Passenger Ferry
- Adults ages 60 and under – $4 Round Trip / $2.00 One way
- Children ages of 3 – 11 – $1 one way
- Seniors ages 60 – 74 – $1 One way
- Seniors ages 75 + – Free
Fajardo / Vieques Passenger Ferry Schedule
Subject to Change
7 Days a Week
- From Fajardo to Vieques: 9:30 am, 1:00 pm, 4:30 pm, 8:00 pm
- From Vieques to Fajardo: 6:30 am, 11:00 am, 3:00 pm, 6:00 pm
Please note that the Cargo ferry also takes passengers, therefore offering additional times, see schedule below.
Cargo Ferry Information & Schedule
If you are traveling with a vehicle from Puerto Rico there is a cargo ferry available going to Vieques several times per day which also takes passengers. Recently more cargo ferry trips were added. Be advised that if all car reservations are on board, the ferry may leave earlier. You will need a reservation for the cargo ferry. Be sure to arrive to the dock at least a half hour before departure time, and at least on hour on weekends and holidays.
- Fajardo Office – (787) 863-0705, (787) 863-0852, (787) 863-4560, (800) 981-2005
- Vieques Office – (787) 741-4761
- Culebra Office – (787) 741-3161
Fees for the Cargo Ferry
- One way medium car or truck $26
- Driver’s fee Included
- Passengers fees $2 per person
Cargo Ferry Schedule
Fajardo to Vieques
- Monday – Fridays: 4:00 am, 6:30 am, 9:30 am, 10:30, 2:30 pm, 4:30 pm
- Saturdays: 9:30am, 3:30pm
- Sundays: 11:00am, 5:30pm
Vieques to Fajardo
- Monday – Fridays: 6:00 am, 8:3o am, 12:30, 1:00pm, 4:30 pm (except Friday), 6:00 pm
- Saturdays: 7:30am, 12:30pm, 5:30pm
- Sundays: 9:00am, 1:00pm, 7:00pm
Heading to Culebra? Here is the Culebra ferry information
Frequently asked questions about the ferry service
Can we make reservations for the Vieques ferry?
Unfortunately not yet. Reservations are not accepted for the passenger ferry. You may purchase tickets ahead of time at the Fajardo or Vieques ticket booth. Be sure to arrive to the dock at least a half hour before departure time, and at least on hour on weekends and holidays.
If you are taking a vehicle, reservations are required for the Cargo Ferry, get to the dock early to make your reservations, especially on weekends and holidays. You will need your car registration and driver’s license.
For more information call
- Fajardo 787-863-0705 / 787-863-0852/ 787-863-3360
- Toll Free (800) 981-2005
The phone rings and rings and no one answers? Does that mean they’re closed?
The people working at the port, in the Vieques ferry and the Fajardo port, will rarely answer the phone to take your reservation. Unfortunately some of the Puerto Rican Government Offices simply don’t hire enough people to do the job right.
Is there parking at the dock?
Yes, you may park your car at the public parking lot for $5 per day plus tax.
Can we rent a car in Puerto Rico and bring it to Vieques on the ferry?
If you have a rental car in Puerto Rico, check with the car rental company. Most car rental agencies will not allow you to take the car off the main island of Puerto Rico, however we made a few calls and some local companies said they allow it.