ATM’s in Vieques
- Banco Popular, located in Munoz Rivera # 115, Isabel Segunda
- There’s an ATM at the gas stations.
- Duffy’s in Esperanza.
Dress in Vieques
Casual wear is accepted everywhere, swimsuits are acceptable at the beach, but if you go into a place such as the Post Office, government office or shopping I recommend that you wear shorts and a tank top over your swimsuit. Some clerks and business attendants may refuse to give you service unless you are dressed appropriately according to their standards. Enjoy the beach in your swimsuit but when it comes to walking around town, wear a coverup.
Drinking Age in Vieques, Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico’s drinking age is 18. Alcohol is sold in restaurants, bars, and food markets around the island. Illegal Blood Alcohol Level is .08%. It is illegal to drink out of a bottle in the streets of many cities in Puerto Rico, but you will see people walking with a can. Narcotics are illegal in Puerto Rico, and it is strictly enforced.
Emergency Services in Vieques
- Police Station Location: Rte 200 km0.2, at Rte.997 Isabel Segunda (787) 741-2020 or (741-2121) Open 24 Hours
- Fire Department: (787)741-2111
Holidays in Puerto Rico
Puerto Ricans love their holidays, it’s a time to go to the beach and unite with family and friends. Puerto Ricans do a lot of local travel meaning hotels and beaches tend to be more crowded during the holidays especially Easter week and in the month of July.
- Jan 1 – New Year’s Day
- Jan. 6 – Three Kings Day “El Dìa de Reyes”
- Jan. 8 – Eugenio María de Hostos Day
- Third Mon. in Jan. – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Third Mon. in Feb. – Presidents’ Day
- Mar. 22 – Emancipation Day
- April 16 – Jose De Diego Day
- April – Palm Sunday
- April – Good Friday
- April – Easter Sunday
- Last Mon. of May – Memorial Day
- June 24 – San Juan Day
- July 4 – Independence Day
- July 17 – Luis Muñoz Rivera Day
- July 25 – Constitution Day
- July 27 – José Celso Barbosa Day
- Aug. 12 – Ponce de Leon Day
- First Mon. in Sept. – Labor Day
- Second Mon. in Oct. – Columbus Day
- Nov. 11 – Veterans’ Day
- Nov. 19 – Puerto Rico Discovery Day
- Nov. 25 – Thanksgiving Day
- December 24 – 25 – Christmas
Internet Access in Vieques
Most hotels and vacation rentals offer free WIFI. Various cafes and restaurants offer WIFI as well.
You should have no problems connecting to the internet during your stay in Vieques, be sure to ask your hotel or vacation rental manager/owner before booking to ensure you have the internet access you need.
Laundromat in Vieques
La Familia Rios Laundry & Dry Cleaners – 787-556-5158 / Address: Calle Benitez Guzman
Phone Service in Vieques
Area Code for Vieques is 787. For information, dial 511. Use a calling card if you want to call home. It is the best and most inexpensive way to stay in touch with your loved ones at home.
Cell phone use in Vieques: Most cell phones will work in Vieques, make sure you have roaming services enabled. Some remote beach areas have very poor reception, particularly the far west side of the island. Call your wireless provider for questions on toll-charges and service area availability before you travel.
Postal Services in Vieques
- Post Office Location: Calle Munoz Rivera, Isabel Segunda near Banco Popular.
- Phone: (787) 741-3891
- Vieques Postal Code is 00765.
- If you want mail delivered to you while in Vieques, it should be addressed as: General Delivery, Vieques, P.R. 00765
- There is no Post Office in the town of Esperanza and Puerto Rico uses US Postal Services.
Sun / Skin Care
We want you to have a good time in the sun, take good care of your skin to prevent sun poisoning. Always wear sunscreen, and drink plenty of fluids. Pay extra attention to protecting the skin of children.
Please visit the Tourist Office, smiling, helpful ladies are there waiting in order to help you plan a great stay and answer your questions.
- Location: Right across from the Plaza, Isabel Segunda in the Town Hall (Casa Alcaldia) Hours: Mon-Fri 9:00am-4:00pm
- Telephone Number: (787) 741-0800