If you want to experience, explore and enjoy Vieques Island, a car rental is a must. Most of the questions asked by readers on getting around and transportation are answered on our Getting Around Guide, please read it before booking.
Car Rental Booking Tips
- Immediately after making your accommodation reservation, reserve your car rental. If you are visiting during the holidays and high season, I highly encourage you to book it as far in advance as the car rental agency will allow. If you’re traveling on a holiday, insist on booking in advance.
Booking a Car Rental in Isla de Vieques
Great news !! – Now you can conveniently book your car rental online with Avis.com
Unless you book online with Avis, the best way to make a car rental reservation is to do it the old fashion way. If the agency does not answer, all I can say is call back again. If you can leave a voice mail or e-mail, but again it’s best to call, especially on high season.
- Abreeze (787) 741-1856
- B&E Car Rental (787) 435-6488
- Chepito’s Car Rental (787) 741-8691
- Island Car Rental (787) 741-1666
- Marcos Car Rental (787) 741-1388
- Toni’s Car Rental (787) 741-8135
- Vieques Car Rental (787) 435-1323
Frequently Asked Questions?
- May I rent a car on the main island of Puerto Rico and take it to Vieques?
For now, I don’t know of any car rental agencies that will allow you to take the rental to Vieques.
- First they know cars in Vieques get a lot of wear and tear.
- Second, if you have mechanical problems with the rental, you may end up being responsible for fixing it and getting it back to Puerto Rico.
- Third, you can’t count on having a space in the cargo ferry, even though they take reservations, local cargo get preference.